Kailash Mansarovar Tour Duration: 18 Nights/19 Days
Destinations: Kathmandu-Kailash Mansarovar-Kathmandu
Day 01 : Start your Kailash Mansarovar Tour at Kathmandu. Stay overnight at the hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02 : After breakfast, enjoy a city tour of Kathmandu that will include a visit to the Pashupatinath Temple, Bodhnath and trip to the Medieval Town of Bhaktapur.
Day 03 : Take the morning flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa. On arrival, transfer to the Hotel. Take a good rest to acclimatize yourself to the high altitude. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 04 : After breakfast, sightseeing of Lhasa that includes Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhore Street.
Day 05 : After early breakfast, drive to Shigatse (340 Km. / 6 - 8 hrs). Lunch en route. Arrive at Shigatse. Dinner and over night stay in the Hotel.
Day 06 : After early breakfast, leave for Latse (308 km. / 6 - 7 hrs). Lunch en route. Arrive at Latse. Dinner and overnight at the Guest House.
Day 07 : After early breakfast, leave for Saga that is 300 km away and takes 8 - 9 hrs. Lunch en route. Dinner and overnight at Guest House or tents, if needed.
Day 08 : After early breakfast, proceed for Parayang (200 km. / 6 - 7 hrs). Lunch en route. Dinner and overnight at Guest House OR tents, if needed.
Day 09 : After early breakfast, drive to Mansarovar (250 km. / 7 - 8 Hrs). Lunch en route. Dinner and overnight at Guest House/Tents.
Day 10: Full day on Holy banks of Mansarovar. Yatris will perform Mansarovar Parikrama by Jeeps. Dinner and overnight stay at Guest House/Tents.
Day 11 : After early breakfast, depart to Tarboche (starting point for Kailash Parikrama). Trek to Driraphuk (12 km. / 7 - 8 hrs). Packed Lunch. Dinner and overnight camping.
Day 12 : After early breakfast, start trekking to Zutulphuk via Dolma Pass (highest point of entire journey, 5750 m). The distance is 18 km with approximate time taken 9 - 10 hrs. Packed Lunch. Dinner and overnight camping.
Day 13 : After early breakfast, trek further for 10 km. (4 - 5 hrs) to arrive at the ending point of Parikrama where jeeps shall be waiting to drive the pilgrims back to Mansarovar. Packed lunch en route. Dinner and overnight at Guest House/Tents.
Day 14 : After early breakfast, drive to Parayang (250 km / 7 - 8 Hrs). Lunch en route. Dinner and overnight at Guest House/Tents.
Day 15 : After early breakfast, proceed for Saga (200 km / 6 - 7 hrs). Lunch en route. Dinner and overnight at Guest House or tents if needed.
Day 16 : After early breakfast leave for Nyalam (210 km / 8 - 9 hrs). Lunch en route. Dinner and overnight at Hotel / Guest House / Tents.
Day 17 : After early breakfast at around 5:00 hrs., start driving to Zhangmu (26 km. / 1½ hrs.). After completing immigration formalities, cross Friendship Bridge on foot. Drive back to Kathmandu. Packed lunch en route. Arrive Kathmandu in evening to check in the hotel for dinner and overnight. (140 km. / 5 : 6 hrs.).
Day 18 : Day free for rest and own activities.
Day 19: Tour end
- Kailash Mansarovar tour is organized from May till September.
- Starting point of the tour is Kathmandu.
- Total duration is 19 Days.
- Only Kora of Mt. Kailash is to be performed by foot/yaks. Takes about two & a half day ( 42 Km).
- For the above tour only group bookings are accepted, and is organized as per the dates requested.
Accommodation & all meals are inclusive. Accommodation will be provided in Hotels/Guest houses or Tents ( as per Availability).
Very few medical facilities are available in Tibet. That too is very distantly located. Our paramedical staff will accompany the group, who take care of only few Medical issues at High altitudes. Personal Medical kit and medicines are recommended.
Tibetan Guide will accompany the group, Supported by Tour Leader from India Or Nepal.
The above tour cost includes
- Accommodation at Kathmandu at Hotel (On twin sharing basis)
- Kathmandu sightseeing
- All Entrance fees
- Accommodation at Lhasa Yak Hotel or similar
- Lhasa sightseeing
- All transportations Land cruisers on 4 sharing basis
- Supporting trucks
- Paramedic staff trained for High altitude sickness
- Tibetan Guides
- Special Kailash Parikrama Permits
- Chinese Visa
- All accommodations during Yatra
- Meals on full board
- Sherpa staff
- Gamow bag & Oxygen
- Airfare Kathmandu - Lhasa
The tour cost excludes
- Travel/Personal Insurance
- Emergency evacuations/Rescue, if required.
- Any expenses of personal nature and NOT included in the "tour cost includes" section above, are additional.
Permissions and other official formalities
- No Permission is required from the Indian or the Nepalese Govt.
- To Undertake this tour all travelers should have valid passports.
- Tibetan Permits & Chinese Visa are required for this tour, which is included in the Tour cost.
- Medical Fitness certificate (issued by registered medical practitioner) is needed.